About the Embedded System Developer
In this position, you will be working towards research and development of new features and technologies for various products. This will include the design of hardware and firmware, building functional prototypes.
You will be coordinating with various manufacturing and operations partners to scale the products from prototype phase to product phase.
You will be in touch with the customers to understand their experience of the products and then incorporate the feedback in the subsequent product design phase.
Embedded Systems Developer responsibilities are:
- Selecting circuit components based on functionality, availability and cost.
- Designing circuit schematics.
- Sub system level circuit assembly and testing.
- Product level Firmware programming.
- Make detailed documentation with regards to the product usage.
- Coordinating with partners to have prototype and sample units manufactured and tested.
- Interact with the customers to get their feedback regarding the hardware.
Embedded Systems Developer requirements are:
- Education/Work Experience
- B.E. in Electronics, Electrical, Instrumentation
- Minimum 1 year experience in fields.
- Experience in Embedded system design using Arduino.
- Experience in product development using Ubuntu OS.
- Experience in end to end PCB design, right from schematic to fabrication via PCB manufacturers.
- Required Skills
- Strong sense in designing systems that will reduce the customers (Internal or external to Company) work.
- Good communication and documentation abilities.
- Analytical and critical thinking, Problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast moving environment.
- A strong understanding of firmware design and development. This should include testing circuits on a breadboard, familiarity with soldering SMD and through-hole components.
- Practical understanding of interfacing different kinds of sensors.
- Strong theoretical understanding of analog circuits, digital logics, and communication protocols such as UART, I2C and SPI.
- Willingness to search for and adapt new technologies.
- Nice to have:
- Regular contribution to open source technologies over GitHub.
- Experience using Eagle for PCB design.
- Experience using Netbeans for C++ coding.
- Familiarity using communication technologies such as XBee, TCP-IP (Ethernet), bluetooth etc.
- Familiarity of Linux based system such as Raspberry pi, Beaglebone, Chumby.
- Familiarity of different microcontrollers and their architectures.