About the Developer Relationship and Sales and Marketing Manager position
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who will develop and implement strategies to spread the word about the Bolt IoT Platform and drive sales. The responsibilities for this position can be broadly classified into these three major categories:
- You will be responsible for launching and managing the sales of Bolt IoT Platform via various e-commerce websites, distributors and brick and mortar stores across the globe.
- You will take ownership of the implementation of marketing campaigns from start to finish.
- You will measure and report performance of marketing campaigns
Developer Resources Management:
- You will coordinate and manage the creation of training content for the developer community and ensure quality of the same.
- You will be responsible for regular communication with customers via mailers, organising and coordinating meetups and events for developer community.
Media and Influencer Promotion:
- You will be responsible for content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting performance analysis etc. and generating sales via a variety of organic and paid customer acquisition channels which will involve
- You will also be responsible for the promotion of Bolt in news media and via influencers.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- MBA in sales and marketing or relevant work experience
- Work experience of minimum 1 year in a technical role. This could be prior to the MBA.
- Work experience or minimum 1 year in a sales and marketing profile.
Must have Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of the marketing principles.
- Excellent communication skills in speaking, writing, and listening.
- Numerically literate; can:
- Understand and interpret metrics
- Process numbers
- Interpret and process spreadsheets
- Comfortably manipulate numbers
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing and measurement.
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience in sales and marketing of products and services targeted at developers.
- Understanding of the international developer market.
- Knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords and social media campaigns
Here is an interesting blog by David Gatti who talks about what it is to be a Developer Relationship Manager. This blog summarises it all! https://medium.com/@davidgatti...